New member applications must be sponsored by a current member of the MBTCA in good standing.
- The application has two parts: the Member Application Form, which is filled out by the prospective member, and the Sponsor Signature Form, which is completed by the current member sponsoring the application. Each form must be completed and submitted separately.
- The New Member Chair submits a list of applicants to the MBTCA Board of Directors quarterly.
- The list of applicants also is sent to all current members, who have 30 days to comment.
- New member applications are voted on by the MBTCA Board of Directors in a secret ballot. To be accepted, each application must be approved by two-thirds of the Board.
- If the application is denied, the applicant’s sponsoring member may present the application at the next annual meeting of the club (usually held in conjunction with the National Specialty Shows). The applicant must receive approval by 75 percent of the club members present.
- Applicants who are rejected for membership may not reapply within 12 months.
To ensure timely processing of membership applications, please follow these guidelines:
- Print all information very clearly so it can be easily read.
- Letters of introduction are to be written by the applicant, not the sponsor. This letter takes the place of the applicant verbally introducing themselves to the Board, and is very informal.
- All applications must be submitted directly to the New Member Chair only.
- Any applications that are not submitted as outlined above, or that are not submitted directly to the New Member Chair, may be returned to the applicant for revision.
Send membership applications to the address provided on the application.
Send questions about membership applications to Kathleen Coffman at PatronusMBT@gmail.com.
Click here to download the Membership Application.
Click here to download the Sponsor Signature Form.