New member applications must be sponsored by a current member of the MBTCA in good standing.
- New member applications are voted on by the MBTCA Board of Directors in a secret ballot.
- A list of proposed new members is sent to all current members before the meeting at which the applications will be discussed.
- To be accepted, each application must be approved by two-thirds of the Board.
- If the application is denied, the applicant’s sponsoring member may present the application at the next annual meeting of the club (usually held in conjunction with the National Specialty Shows). The applicant must receive approval by 75 percent of the club members present.
- Applicants who are rejected for membership may not reapply within 12 months.
To ensure timely processing of membership applications, please follow these guidelines:
- All information on the application needs to be printed very clearly so it can be easily read.
- Letters of introduction are to be written by the applicant, not the sponsor. This letter takes the place of the applicant verbally introducing themselves to the Board, and is very informal.
- Please do NOT scan and e-mail applications back and forth. This degrades the quality of the application and makes it difficult to read.
- All applications must be submitted directly to the New Member Chair only via snail mail with original signatures from all parties — applicant(s) as well as sponsors – for the sake of integrity.
- Any applications that are not submitted as outlined above, or that are not submitted directly to the New Member Chair, may be returned to the applicant for revision.
Send membership applications to the address provided on the application.
Send questions about membership applications to Kathleen Coffman at PatronusMBT@gmail.com.
Click here to download New Member Application form.