A Little Bull is the official magazine of the Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America. Published quarterly, it is provided free of charge to MBTCA members as a benefit of membership. Single issues are available at $18 each ($15 plus $3 shipping) by request. Contact email@example.com for information.
Advertising in the ALB
We welcome ads in our magazine from members and nonmembers alike! Brag about a new championship, announce a new litter, say farewell to a beloved friend, or showcase dog-friendly merchandise. NOTE: We will not accept ads for puppy sales.
The front cover and the inside covers are available on a first-requested, first-served basis. We do not accept reservations for covers or ad placements for specific issues in advance (e.g., you may not ask for the cover of the spring issue in November.) No one may have the cover page in consecutive issues unless there are no other requests. The Winter cover is reserved for the winner of the MBTCA National Specialty.
Purchase of the cover confers only the right to submit a photograph to be featured on the cover — not a predesigned cover. The fee includes a one-page Q&A article. Purchasers who do not submit a completed cover story questionnaire or agreed-upon substitute by deadline will not receive refunds.
An unlimited number of inside advertising pages are available in each issue ONLY to those who submit page orders ahead of the issue deadline by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Ad orders will not be accepted if sent directly to any individual ALB committee member via e-mail, private message, or text. Ad art that is submitted in violation of this policy may be dropped from the magazine if there is not enough space to include it.
Advertisers must submit print-ready artwork as JPG, PDF, or Photoshop files. Finished size is 8.5 x 11 inches with a .25-inch margin and .125-inch bleed allowance. If you would like a Photoshop template to prepare your ad, e-mail us at email@example.com.
To ensure that your ad prints properly, please follow these specifications:
- Set the page size at 8.75 by 11.25 inches.
- Extend backgrounds all the way to the edge of the page. Maintain a .25-inch margin around the sides for text and important images.
- Use high-quality images that are at least 300 dpi. (Pictures you pull off the internet are usually only 72 or 96 dpi!)
- Make sure your images are in the CMYK (printing) color mode. (Your smartphone camera pictures are probably in RGB.) You can convert images in most image editing programs or online for free at www.rgb2cmyk.org/.
- Save your ad as a PDF, JPG, or a raw Photoshop file. If you can set options, select “high-quality print” or other high-resolution option. When generating a PDF, choose “PDF/X-1a” in the output options.
Send completed ads to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ads must be accompanied by payment in full by the issue deadline. If payment is not received by the issue close date, your ad will be removed.
You will receive an invoice for your ad when you place your order. You can pay in one of two ways:
- PayPal: Pay securely via PayPal to email@example.com. Select the “Friends and Family” option and type “ALB ad” in the note.
- Check: Send a check made payable to MBTCA to the club Treasurer. Please indicate “ALB Ad Payment” on the memo line of your check so we can easily identify and apply your payment. Mail to MBTCA Treasurer Beverly Krautler, 217 Thomas Welborn Rd., Anderson SC 29625.
|Front Cover||Full Color||$120|
|Inside Cover||Full Color||$90|
|Two-Page Spread||Full Color||$100|
|One Page||Full Color||$60|