In 1966, a dedicated group of breeders and owners of Miniature Bull Terriers formed the Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America to promote wider knowledge and greater appreciation of this extraordinary breed. The club has grown significantly over the past 50 years: Today, we have more than 220 members who live in the United States and all over the world. The MBTCA is the only AKC-sanctioned national organization dedicated to the Miniature Bull Terrier.
Our members include:
- Responsible breeders who want to ensure that their Mini Bulls are healthy and meet the AKC Breed Standard in type and temperament
- Fanciers who enter their Mini Bulls in conformation or performance events and want the most up-to-date information
- Owners of Mini Bulls who want to meet others who share their love of this uniquely challenging breed
- Conducts national and regional specialties and supported shows that offer entrants points toward their dogs’ AKC championship titles
- Supports performance events where Mini Bulls can show their athleticism and work toward titles in a variety of canine sports
- Offers a nationwide breed rescue program to help homeless MBTs find the right forever families for them
- Publishes a quarterly magazine, A Little Bull, filled with articles of interest to the Mini Bull lover
- Sponsors a variety of trophies and awards to recognize our members and their dogs for their achievements
- Participates in canine health research
- Advocates for the rights of responsible breeders and owners
If you are interested in joining the ranks of Mini Bull owners, we strongly encourage you to learn as much as possible about the breed before making the commitment.
One of the best ways to learn about our dogs is to see them in action. Check the AKC’s Event Calendar for a conformation show or performance event near you. You also can look at the MBTCA Specialty Show Calendar to discover an MBT-specific show in your neck of the woods. Or browse our Breeder Directory to see if there is an MBTCA member close to you who would let you visit.
If you decide, after all your reading, that a Miniature Bull Terrier is the right fit for your family, you can find contact information for a responsible breeder as well as MBTCA Rescue here. And we hope you’ll also decide to join MBTCA! You can learn about membership here.